In 1723, the first German settlers came to the River Parishes and built a chapel as a symbol of their faith and dedicated it to St. Charles Borromeo. St. Charles Borromeo School began educating the young of the area in 1929. Located on 17 acres along River Road in Destrehan, the campus includes a historical cemetery, St. Charles Borromeo Church, the school cafeteria, the Fred Roth Memorial Building, the Pierre F. Friloux Early Childhood Center, the Fatima and Pius academic buildings. Our newest addition to the campus is the recently completed Monsignor John N. Phuc Educational Center which currently houses our first through eighth grades classes, Science Lab, Computer Lab and Administrative offices.
St. Charles Borromeo students embrace their Catholic identity as they commit to live as children of God. As adults, they continue to practice their religion, valuing the moral lessons, traditions, and legacies in our faith community.
Students strive for academic excellence by setting goals and initiating action plans. They accomplish this through critical thinking, problem solving, analysis, inquiry, clear oral and written communication, and utilizing technology.
Cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy, and self-control are modeled daily to prepare children to become contributing members and leaders of our global society.
St. Charles Borromeo continues to update and renovate our campus to meet the needs of our stakeholders with state-of-the-art technology, a comprehensive library/media center, and fine arts program.
Our school and church parish promote and celebrate student accomplishments.